Thursday, February 14, 2013

Picture Hanging and Redecorating Part 2

     I hope you found my last post about rearranging my walls helpful. I am usually one to just "eyeball" it and hope for nice level, evenly spaced things hanging on the walls. Sometimes it works out great. Somtimes I am left making more holes in the wall. I really enjoyed using the paper as a guide for these potential issues. It gave me the exact amount of space I needed for each frame, and let me know if I would have enough room for them all!
     After the hallway was complete, I moved on to the other walls in the house. We recently got a new couch, which meant rearranging the entire livingroom to accomodate it. This also left me with some blank walls that were behind bookcases before. In case you haven't noticed, I hate blank walls. The drive me crazy! Whenever we move to a new place, getting the walls in order is always my first task!
Look how sad these empty walls are! :(  (Minues the stocking hanger I had up for Christmas!)


    
The livingroom wall was first since I had an idea of what I wanted to do there! First, I hung the family photos that were hanging in the hallway. These went on the smaller wall. Then I hung the "FAMILY" photosthat used to hang on another wall. I like to use all black frames. This allows me to keep all the frames the same colr, but they can all be a different style. I don't think I have any two frames that are the same, but they are all black. I can also move them if I need to without worrying about messing up any other color scheme. Here it is all finished!
Or so I thought! The FAMILY photos have been giving me some hanging issues for a while now, but I could not find anything to replace them...until after I got all the pictures ready for this post! Here is what it looks like now. Hopefully it will get to stay that way for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment