Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Scratch Art!

      Do you remember getting the little scratch art kits as a kid? The ones that look black and come with the little stick so you can scratch your way to an awesome picture? I loved those!
      I am an assistant in an art class, and this was one of the recent assignments for the kids. I made one myself in high school, and I forgot how easy it was to do, and how much fun it could be. I am so glad I was reminded. Of course, I had to share it with my own kiddos, and now with you!
     First, I had them color a blank piece of paper out of the art pad. A heavy piece of cardstock will work, too! Just draw any pattern or design. Any colors. I reminded J to color pretty dark. He had no idea what we were doing, so he just thought I was being crazy asking him to draw a random pattern and push hard! For mine, I chose to do different shades of green since I was going to use it as part of my St. Patrick's Day decor. Jacob chose to use different bright colors. I also made one for K to do, and chose different colors. I made a diagonal line pattern. Jacob did big blocks.
     Then, I pulled out my bottle of *black* acrylic paint and painted over it all! Again- J thought I was crazy for destroying his art work!! I did two coats to make sure it was all covered nicely.
      We let it dry overnight and the next day I gave J a skewer (just one for shishkebobs, nothing fancy!) and it was then that he realized what the heck we were doing! He was pretty excited! He got right to work making his masterpiece!
This is the beginning of mine for St. Pat's
 
And the end result!


Can you find the four-leafed clover?

 
Kyle had fun scribbling his to reveal the color!
 


 

 

 

 J was hard at work in his pjs, so he wouldn't let me get a full photo of him! :)

Can you tell what it is??
 

Come back tomorrow to see the finished piece!!


We had a lot of dun doing this craft! We always enjoy craft days!
What are you making this week??
I would love to see your photos and ideas! You can share them over at the LCS Facebook page!



See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment