Thursday, February 2, 2017

Home Organization Challenge - Week 2

Woohoo! The pantry is in the spotlight this week! I think we have one of the smallest pantries ever, but I am 100% okay with that. It helps me make sure we don't have tons of food hanging around not being eaten. I also meal plan every week, so I can take a quick glance in and see what we have/what I need to stock up on.
The couple days before grocery day, the pantry always gets a little crazy looking. I love being able to quickly reorganize and get it clean again each week. And - this challenge is great for making sure all the little hidden crumbs are gotten rid of!

Here are my befores! I also included one of my cupboards this week since I store all my baking items and spices in there. :)
Chaos!

What a mess!! :/
Okay, so let's start with the pantry..
ONe of my favorite things for my pantry is my Tupperware Modular Mates. Seriously. They are AH. MA.ZING!! I have had a lot of them for over 10 years, and they still look as good as the ones I've only had for a few years. They are great for using up the vertical space that just gets wasted. Also, for keeping things like chips, pretzels, cookies fresh and from getting lost in the back of the pantry.
I got to work pulling out all of my open bags of chips and things, and putting them into my Tupperware.
All of these bags and containers are all organized, visible, and clean now!
I also grabbed a few sandwich bags for those almost empty bags of chips, and made some quick grab and go bags for lunches.
Let's take a shelf by shelf look at my organized pantry...
Top shelf...This is where I keep a bin with all my plastic wrap, aluminum foil, freezer bags, etc. I also have my rice and flours/other baking items that I don't use every day.
The next few shelves have my every day items that we reach for often - Breakfast items, snacks, & grab and go lunch items.

Down low, we have cans and extra items. I also keep a basket below with all of my oils/vinegars that I don't use often, as well as my giant Tupperware container with flour.
I love when things are clean and organized!! ♥

On to the spice cabinet...Did you see how messy it was in there?? haha I have just been putting things on where they will fit, and not where they belong. I'm so happy it's all back together!
Let me share one of my favorite organization tips with you! I have this awesome plastic coca cola container that my mom found for me a few years ago. It holds my spices and fits in my cabinet like it was made for this job! I can pull it right out and grab what I need. And - these little round labels are PERFECT for helping me find just what I need super fast. I keep a sheet of them in the container so when I get a new spice, I can label it right away.

All done!!♥♥
What do you think??
Did you work on your pantry this week? I would love to see!
Next up is the dining room! I can't wait to share! ♥
XOXO


If you are interested in more information about the Tupperware Modular Mates, check out my friend Robin's site! ♥ ROBIN'S TUPPERWARE 

Come follow me on INSTAGRAM for daily updates!
LIFE - COASTIE STYLE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment