Thursday, October 22, 2015

Quick Snacks | 21 Day Fix

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I started doing the 21 Day Fix again. I think this is my most favorite workout routine ever. I love how simple the meal plan is, and Autumn is so motivational!

Today, I wanted to share a quick tip for prepping snacks. I know if I don't have these things readily available, I will be too lazy to take the time to prepare them when I'm hungry. That leads to reaching for already prepared, most of the time unhealthy, snacks. I always buy extra carrots and celery when I go grocery shopping. This way, I can come home and cut a bunch up and have them ready any time.

A few essential items to have:
*a good knife
*a vegetable peeler
*cutting board (you don't want to scratch up your counters!)
*food storage containers - I recommend Tupperware FridgeSmarts. I absolutely love them. I have been using them over 10 years. They are so helpful for keeping the fridge organized and extending the life of your produce!


 That's our Remy in the background! He's waiting on me to drop something! He loves his veggies, too!


I peel the carrots first and chop them up in to handy sized sticks. Then, I give the celery a quick rinse and dry and do the same. I'll be honest and say that this does NOT happen the day I come home from the grocery store! Usually I am rushing to get dinner ready or some other more important task. I just throw it all in the fridge and find some time in the next day or two to get it done. It really only takes a few minutes, and the results are so rewarding!

And, just like that, all the produce is ready for the week!

I am not a Beachbody coach, but if you would like to learn more about the 21 Day Fix, I recommend getting in touch with my friend Jennifer at Jennifer Medeiros Fit! She's is my awesome coach, and would be able to answer any questions you might have!


I will be sharing my meal plan for this week soon, along with a printable calendar for tracking meals and snacks!

2 comments:

  1. I am just starting for the first time! I am excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It's really one of my favorite workouts! I can't wait to hear about your results! :)

      Delete