Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall Decor & Buffet Makeover

              I am so excited to share this post today! I have been wanting a buffet for a while now. I could just never find one that I liked, or justify the cost of the ones I did like. I recently found someone selling this buffet on a local sale site, and thought it would be the perfect project! I forgot to get a before picture before we started pulling the knobs and doors off. Luckily, I was able to grab these screenshots of the sale post!


               The seller had already refinished this piece with a gray chalk paint. Thankfully, it was never sealed, so that saved me a lot of work! I had an idea of what I wanted the finished product to look like. I couldn't find the color of chalk paint that I wanted, but after a very helpful associate at Lowes, I learned that I could paint right over the existing chalk paint with regular interior paint, and as long as I sealed it, there would be no problems! That opened up a whole world of color options!!

                I ended up finding the perfect color in the Sherwin Williams HGTV Home line. It's called Amelia's Wings. I may have been a *little* biased towards this color since our new little baby girl is named Amelia. But- it is the exact color I had in mind, so it worked out great!
I got right to work painting the first coat on!

               For the top, I used Valspar's Dark Earth. I love how perfectly it compliments the bottom.


                I finished it off with some matching knobs. Finding the perfect ones were almost as hard as choosing a paint color!!

I am so in love with how this turned out. I think for my first makeover project, it was a success! I can't wait to do another!







 I found this chalkboard easel at WalMart, and the quote on Pinterest. The leaf and little pumpkin came from the dollar store!

 My husband made this awesome little wood box for me (Yay for scrap wood!!) It hold just the right amount of seasonal décor, and I'm really looking forward to using it throughout the year!

The filler in the basket is a mix of items from Hobby Lobby and Michael's
This glittery pumpkin is from the dollar store also. The vase in the back is a duplicate one that I got flowers in. I just spray painted it white. The wheat décor is from Hobby Lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment