Thursday, December 18, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Crafts | Day 9 | Sugar Scrub

Today's craft is all about the scrubs! Sugar scrubs, that is. ;) And three different kinds, to be exact.

This is probably one of the easiest and fastest gifts you could make for someone, and the possibilities are endless!


Here are the ingredients we used for the first two:
White sugar
Baby oil
Essential oil


The first two we made were with plain old white sugar. I added about 1 cup of sugar to a bowl. We then measured out 1/4 cup baby oil. This is the only oil I had on hand, so that is what I used. Olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil would make excellent alternatives! I then added about 15 drops of essential oil. We did one peppermint, and one grapefruit. They smell delicious!!


 I used separate bowls and spatulas for each one so that I did not have to wash in between. I was on the phone, and it was just easier to grab another bowl! I was done with each one in less than 5 minutes!
Each scrub got put into a little jar with some Christmas colored ribbon and a tag. :)

The brown sugar scrub was a little more involved than that!
The ingredients were:

1 1/2 C Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup baby oil
1/2 Cup Oats

As you can see, this one has more to it. I was able to divide this recipe into 3 jars. Small size mason jars. This means in less than 5 minutes, I made 3 gifts! :) The jars got ribboned and tagged like the first ones, and they were ready to go!!

I have no idea why I didn't get a photo of all three jars together. I really thought I did since they all looked so pretty...


And, of course, I had to make some for myself! You will want to, also! Your hands will thank you!!


 Tomorrow I will be showing you how they got packaged along with out gifts that had to be shipped out! I can't wait. I'm very excited to share! You should be, too! ;)

Head over to Facebook for a sneak peek!



If you would like to know more about Young Living Essential oils, or purchase any, you can view the website HERE  My Member number is 2322868 :D
You can also feel free to message me about any information you would like! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment