Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Photo Challenges

I love doing photo challenges.  I love how each one can vary from super easy to something that really challenges you to push your boundaries and learn something new! In the past, I have always tried to do 365 challenges- one photo every day for a whole year! Usually there is no commitment to the organizer of the challenge; you can just join in and participate when you want to. This is the part that always made me feel okay about giving up after a few weeks or months when life got busy.
Last month, I came across a weekly challenge documenting the lives of military spouses. I was so excited. I signed up and joined A Year as a Military Spouse right away! As soon as I saw the first week's challenge, I was terrified! A self photo! I am NO GOOD at letting someone else take my picture, let alone taking one of myself! I defintely felt like this was out of my comfort zone, but I knew that if I wanted to stay in the group, I had to get it done. Guess what?! I am still in! I conquered one of my worst photo fears, and I am so proud!
Here are the photos for December's challenges!
Week 1~ Self Photo

Week 2~ Family fun

Week 3~ Welcome to the Neighborhood

Week 4- Holiday Cheer

I can't wait to share the rest of the photos with you this year!
I also posted this on my Photography Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment